Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Strobing On Beat, Atomics3000

Bams

Well, yesterday hooked 2 atomics3000 onto our Mambo, and programmed everything I want to, except for one simple chase.

How can i create an simple effect in which the strobes flash one time on every beat? I can't get it right, because when i set rate to high the strobe flashes more than once on beat, or otherwise doesn't strobes on time?

There has to be a simple way to, but i can't find it..aargh..

What you need to do is program a chase at double the speed you require, with each beat having an 'on' and an 'off' state, set to the required duration and rate set to minimum (the change in the chase from on to off triggers the flash, rather than the internal rate)

Alternatively, experiment with the various attack options - if you run the chase from one strobe to another, the Fast Attack Slow Decay option ( |\ ) will give you a snap to full (giving a flash) followed by a fade to black.

Unfortunately strobes are always a pain to get to flash in time to the music... I generally prefer to do it manually with a submaster :D

Peter Kirkup

The Atomic has a blinder function, just set the strobe in blinder-mode and record it into a submaster and use the flash-button or program a simple 2-step chase with the blinder-mode set on and off and put in into Beat.

I would choose both.

Cheers

Wouter

Den Pipo

Pro Light Design