Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Help on Fat Frog Chase Function:

oliver821570

Hello, I have recently orderd around £21,885 Worth of lighting sound & media equipment for my school. For the lighting I have orderd the Zero 88 Fat Frog Lighting consol. I know my way around using this lighting consol, But I would like to know, In simple language how to use the chase feature. The reason I ask is, because we are having a fashion show, And I would like the moving lights ( Martin MAC 250 ) to move automaticaly, Over the crowd, But I would like only certain movers to be activly moving.

Oliver Wilkinson

If you wish to manually run chases it is probably easiest to program a chase memory and then transfer it to a submaster. That way you just bring up the submaster fader when you want to run the chase and then lower it again to stop the chase.

It is also recommended that the desk is in partial mode before you start programming memories and submasters.

That way you can program movement chases that only affect the pan and tilt parameters of your moving lights and do not affect the colour, gobo etc.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Thanks Very much for your help. I didnt think that chases could be programed just as easily as Scene's! Great Help! But also, When the light moves, is there presets Like Square Movement, In Line Movment, So you Just Click Square and the light will move to make a square?

Thanks,

Oliver Wilkinson

CEO Wilkinson & Conway Event Managment

Hi Oliver

With your fixtures selected, select "Position" and keep pressing it until on the wheel LCD you see "Effect" "Size X" and "Size Y". Dial in an effect (Ellipse, Fig 8, Quad or Triangle) and give it a size. Press Position again and you will see Speed, Offset and Rotation. Give the effect a speed and your lights will start to move. Select half of the fixtures and set a 50% offset, and you'll have half of them doing the effect at point 0 whilst the others are doing it at point 180. If you want the lights to oppose each other, set the same offset but a negative speed.

These parameters can be recorded into a palette, chase, memory or submaster just like any other moving light parameter.

I hope this helps.

Peter Kirkup