Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Chroma Q scroller programming

Mel

Can someone tell me what is meant by a Lamp +1 channel scroller? I will have some scrollers on hire for a show from Stage Electrics; Chroma Q P64. I am intrigued by the 'lamp +' description. Does this mean I can programme the scroller to move on dark - if so how?

Thanks

Mel

Hi Mel

The Lamp+ scroller profiles provide a multi-part fixture for the scroller, allowing you to patch the Dimmer and Scroller attributes seperately. This is the best way to get scrollers to move on dark.

First you need to patch the Lamp+1 Chan Scroller profiles. When you patch these, you will have to enter two DMX addresses (the LAMP/SCROLL button will appear in the MFKs).

Then when you're programming you'll use the Fixture section of the desk and the Colour attribute will give you the scroll control (the Dimmer will appear under Position, in common with moving heads). Once your shows programmed, turn on Move On Dark (in Setup/Desk Setup/Memory Defaults/Move On Dark) and your scrollers will automatically preset themselves :)

Note that Move On Dark only works in Basic-Partial mode.

Hope this helps.

Peter

Peter Kirkup