Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Phantom X display

Mel

Hoping to have a Leap 96 on hire at end of month, so was delighted to see a new simulator appear. Unfortunately, though it appears to work OK I cannot 'see' the LCD screen and the whole front panel is blacked out. There is no green background or legends visible only the knobs etc. I have tried this on XP and W2K with same result. Any ideas?

Mel

What do you mean by 'cannot see the LCD' ? Is it a case of the front panel window is too small to read the text on the LCD or that there is nothing displayed on the LCD ?

The front panel window does not have a simulated label with legends at the moment. This is something we are hoping to fix in a later version of the Phantom Frog. If you move the mouse pointer over a button or fader, it's name will be displayed in the window header.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

I mean that the display is indeed too small to read (understandably) but there is an option marked LCD display on settings that is greyed out. Presumably you are still developing it, I can cope with that!

Looking forward to seeing the thing for real!

Mel

Suggest that you make the front panel window as wide as your monitor screen . This should help you make out the text on the front panel LCDs a bit better. As far as the Main LCD is concerned, a lot of the time it is just instructions or help text for the user. The monitor screeen window contains more comprehensive and legible data :D

Bran Media | Myspace

I have a problem!

When I go in setup and add fixtures - I get to a screen that is headed 'Add Fixtures Select Destination' has a green banner and a back and finish button at the bottom - the 'screen' itself is blank white and I cannot get further than this - finish does nothing (though it is coloured red), close does just that, and my added fixture does not appear!

Mel

Agreed, that particular popup window on the monitor could perhaps be a bit more user friendly ... I shall suggest it :P

You need to go to the front panel window and click on the MFKs where you wish to assign the fixtures. Each MFK that you click will then be assigned to the fixture type you have chosen.

When you have assigned the required number of fixtures press the ENTER key on the front panel or click on [Finish] on the popup window on the monitor window.

Bran Media | Myspace