Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Bullfrog: Mac 250 Entour Colour Atts on Submasters

littleboots

Hi,

I'm setting up a default show on our Bullfrog and am putting the colour attributes of our Mac 250 Entours onto the subs. This works fine but I have problems when I flash through the colours sequentially (ie working my way around the colour wheel.)

The transitions between some of the adjacent colours are snaps and some are slow 'fades'. I have managed to sort out some of the subs by taking notice of the DMX output of the colour atts, especially the fine channel and rounding them up or down (eg 86-0 instead of 86-114) but this hasn't worked every time.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any tips?

Cheers

Nick

Isn't that a function of the Entours? The change between colours is either stepped or continuous (manual, page 34). The bottom part of the DMX range is for continuous and the upper part for stepped.

ex-Leap Frog Owner, ex-Mambo Frog Owner, ex-XLS Owner, ex-Alcora Owner, ex-Elara Owner

Owner of a big pile of Betapack 2s

Bozone (n): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating.

"Am I dreaming this?" "No, and you ain't in Kansas neither."

"Longbottom's been neglecting his ear muffs."

Just a thought - it's not that you've got some subs set to 'SNAP' and some to 'FADE' for your colour action is it?

ex-Leap Frog Owner, ex-Mambo Frog Owner, ex-XLS Owner, ex-Alcora Owner, ex-Elara Owner

Owner of a big pile of Betapack 2s

Bozone (n): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating.

"Am I dreaming this?" "No, and you ain't in Kansas neither."

"Longbottom's been neglecting his ear muffs."

Hello!

I have found this problem on our MAC250 Entours too. It seems to be a "bug" within the software in the mac, not the desk. It also does it when stepping between adjacent colours using palettes. We first noticed the problem when we upgraded the software in the macs. (The upgrade that slows the colour wheel down to improve reliability.) java script:emoticon('8O')

Shocked

Hope this helps.

-Matt.

'ello

I checked the fixtures last night and the shortcut was off so I can't say for sure what the problem was. I'd be interested to try and reproduce the problem using our 520 to see if it is a Mac bug.

I've overcome the problem though by reprogramming (using Phantom Frog - grrrrrr*) the colour subs using the stepped scroll part of the colour att. Got there in the end!

Cheers

Nick

*Monitor not big enough, buttons too small. A bit like reading Ceefax through fog from 100 feet.

At night.