Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Speed On a fader

spac

Hi, I have been asked by lighting operates in my crew if its possible to program a chase so the speed increases as you increase the fader, I do agree with them that it could be quite useful for some of our chases. I have never come across this feature on desks I have used in the past and I have scratched my head and read the manual and come to the conclusions its not possible. I thought I would put it out here before i completely left the idea.

With a chase on a submaster fader or being played back on the memory stack, it is the Speed control on the front panel that can be used to adjust the speed of the chase as it is running.

With a chase on a submaster, the submaster fader simply controls the output level of the HTP channels (dimmers and fixture brightness channels) that are programmed.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace