Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

anytronics strobe controller

spac

Hello,

A while ago we accumulated 7 strobe pods from our student union to be used on the number of events we run on campus. A few of us on the crew decided it would be a really good idea to have a dmx controller for these strobe pods.

We purchased an Anytronics 16 Channel DMX Strobe Interface. what this controller does is allows us to flash the strobe pods individually but we cannot flash them quick enough using just a chase on the desk due to the global speed control all chases use.

I have thought of writing a profile for them but cannot find how to write a strobe profile for the fat frog. I have also just considered using position pallets and having a shape generator change the value very quickly but I dont like this way as it would take up 3 intelligent channels for our 6 strobe pods.

any advice, help or suggestions is welcome here

Just in case anyone else stumbles across this by mistake. We have just spoken to anytroinics and they have confirmed the unit will not do the speed of strobing we require.

if anyone is interested optronics make a unit that is controlled by DMX and will strobe a strobe pod at 15Hz

Not really the place for this discussion but how do you plan to satisfy your license conditions if you are running a strobe at 15Hz?

ex-Leap Frog Owner, ex-Mambo Frog Owner, ex-XLS Owner, ex-Alcora Owner, ex-Elara Owner

Owner of a big pile of Betapack 2s

Bozone (n): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating.

"Am I dreaming this?" "No, and you ain't in Kansas neither."

"Longbottom's been neglecting his ear muffs."

We plan to warn people on all the entrences that strobe effects are in use at whatever show it is we are doing. The strobes are only used as a effect every now and then for certain acts and we do not allways flash them at 15Hz we just wanted a controller that let us flash quicker than 5Hz