Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Lighting Up In A ring

ryandell

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way that i could program a chase where all of my lanterns light up in a ring so from the left of my rig to the right then light the bastage up in the same way, so they dont fade in they flash in and stay on, I have tried to do this with a chase and set all the times to the minimum but they are still lighting up individually slowly.

Hope there is a way

Thanks

Ryan

Hi Ryan

The best way to do this is to use a chase. When you are recording the chase, if you move away from the "Step" field, the chase will play back (assuming your Playback X master is not at 0). You can then try out the various modifiers (Attack, Direction, Drive, etc) using the buttons to the right of the Main LCD, in order to obtain the effect you desire.

An alternative would be to program multiple cues with follow ones (Auto trigger) although this would be fiddly :)

Peter Kirkup