Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Simplifing (Blind)Editing

Morn

When in Edit or Blind Edit mode you can only change the generic values via + & - Buttons. I think editing could be speeded up, when values in the editing modes would react on fader movement and/or via Num-Pad inputs of the external keyboard. What do you think of this?

So, if you don't start drinking...I'm gonna leave!!!

When editing you can adjust the generic levels by ...

Holding down the corresponding channel flash button, picking up the existing level by bringing the preset fader through the programmed level. The fader then controls the level of the channel (Modifying Scenes - Page 4-9)

When the cursor is on the selected channel you can enter the required value numerically via an external keyboard followed by ENTER. (External keyboard - Page 7-14)

:D

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

OHHH, big sorry on the fader thing :-D Must have missed that while reading manual...*gg* It seems I need a brighter desklight. :-D

But the numeric keypad thing doesn't work on Version 10.4 Phantom Frog...will test it on Fat Frog on sunday. It just works via cursor keys....

But the numeric keypad thing doesn't work on Version 10.4 Phantom Frog

Works fine for me. Make sure you have the Front Panel window on Phantom Frog selected. If you have the Monitor window selected, nothing on the keyboard works (except for Enter closing the window annoyingly, which will be corrected in the next version...).

OHHH OKAY....now I see how it works....you have to enter the number and then press enter...only after you pressed enter you'll see the value....this confused me, because everywhere else on the frog ( e.g. memory stack) you see what you are inputing at the moment you type it and not just after pressing enter. :roll:

Okay...now everything is all right for me :-) Thank you for your help and patience. 8)

you have to enter the number and then press enter...only after you pressed enter you'll see the value....this confused me, because everywhere else on the frog ( e.g. memory stack) you see what you are inputing at the moment you type it and not just after pressing enter.

It is odd that isn't it, so you win a number...

Frog Reference 5578 - Numeric entry of channel levels in Edit Live/Blind - not shown on monitor until Enter is pressed.