Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Override Indicator

Mars

While queing the show, something went wrong on stage (not very exeptional during performances). I had to delay the crossing, by running it slowly. But at what rate? Just gave the knob a twist and watched. And adjusted. And adjusted again. &c. &c.

I knew (calculated) the nessessary time at forehand, programmed was 40 sec, needed was around 120. So an indication of "Override@33%" could have been extremely usefull. Alas.

Range: [0% -- 100% -- 200%], displayed alongside the GM%; a freeze is done with the stop button, so what's the min and max of the override knob? And 'instand'?

The value of the variable resistor is measured (a calculation of the 'current setting' / 'nominal centered setting' * 100%) and processed. It is not really rocket technology to display it also...

If (something about) this feature was posted earlier, I wasn't able to find it or didn't want to search for. And the referencelist is a holy secret.

I agree that some sort of indication would be useful but I doubt if the calculation would be quite as simple as you suggest.

When turned fully anticlockwise the crossfade stops, centre position is normal (ie programmed fade time) and fully clockwise is snap (effectively fade time X infinity not just 200% or whatever).

Therefore the scale of the resistor position to generated value (0-255) and equivalent multiplication of fade time is not a linear one.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Yeah, it would be useful... ever done a live performance?

Full anticlock: there remains some progress; it is NOT a freeze !!!

(at least not at my desk)

Ripped that stop button in the 1st place, then.

Full clock: it still takes time; it is NOT an instand !!!

(ditto), (*)

0-255 converted to a semi-log scale, impossible for techs, not?

(*): how are things 'digest' when the go button is pressed within the running time of the previous cross? Because it was neccessary to do so during the show? (search for reference number 3078984230431864?)

Why that stop button as mentioned? Why not an inverse direction (go back) function?

All restricted by the choosen '386' processor in approx. 1999?

It's called a 'club desk'. Hmmm...