Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

F1+Wheel Group Tags/Untags?

kgallen

Fat Frog 10.4.1

I have 4 MAC500 fixtures configured on the FatFrog.

With fixtures selected, holding F1 and a quick click of the Wheel Group button toggles the parameter values between --- and their current value (palette number or literal DMX value). This happens whether or not I have a palette screen locked to the monitor.

Q: Is this really untagging/tagging these parameters?

The yellow LEDs do not change state (if they were flashing they stay flashing, if they were steady, they stay steady). Fixtures were selected (red LEDs on).

First show with movers coming up...!

...but then I couldn't reproduce this behaviour...

But I think I understand what is going on now:

If I untag a parameter by doing Wheel Group+Wheel down then the parameter becomes untagged (this I knew). But the F1+Wheel Group seems to be toggling the fixtures *LCD* screen between the equivalent of Fixtures Output screen and Fixtures Output Tags screen, which I though were monitor-only features. The LED in the Wheel Group button lights when the LCD is showing the "tags" screen.

Note during all of this, the Beamshape Palette screen was locked to the monitor (and never changed).