Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

More than 2 chases at the same time?

WelshLampie

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to run 3 or more Partial chases on a Fat Frog at the same time?

What I need to do is run a Colour chase, a Gobo chase and a movement chase all at the same time off the Go button, to allow me to edit the timings, before transfering the program to a Frog Box!

At present I've created the Gobo and Colour chases in "Attribute" mode and rough Movement chase again in "attribute" mode. If I trigger the Colour and Gobo chases they run happily together, but as soon as I trigger the movement chase the desk freezes which ever of the Colour or Gobo chases started first. I've tried rearranging the starting order but as soon as the 3rd chase starts it freezes the first.

Help!

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever you program a chase, the brightness levels in the chase are programmed, maybe 0, but still programmed nevertheless.

The effect you are seeing is because the LTP chases are tied to the HTP chases and the HTP chase on a frog desk stops running when the memory is no longer the current or previous memory.

So if you trigger a Colour chase, then a Beamshape chase - they both run ok, as the Colour chase is the previous memory, and the Beamshape chase is the current memory.

If you then trigger the Position chase - the Colour chase stops as the Beamshape chase is is now previous and the Position chase is Current.

(Originally the LTP chases continued running after the HTP chase was abandoned (no longer current or previous memory), but this was considered a bit too confusing for the users, apparently)

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace