Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Taging !not again!

champdog

Hi I hope you can help me. I am running 4 cyberlights cx under a score board at a local arena. They just got me a new Fat Frog and learning the new desk has been fairly easy. BUT for one thing !tagging! I think I got it down but a few small things keep happening. I am working in partial mode. I build a new page in the memories. All is well, and then I need to make a small adjustment to one instrument. Basically as soon as I program the change all the stuff I had in the other instruments stop. How do I change the parameters of one instrument with out affecting the others at all? I know its something I am doing wrong in tagging. Thank you

Firstly make sure your desk is running the latest software (10.4). This will get rid of a lot of potential issues you may have with old versions.

Secondly, if you haven't already got a monitor plugged in, get one.

Thirdly, to see which fixture parameters are tagged, use the Fixture Outputs Screen on the monitor. To get to this, hold F1 and press the first fixture selection button. On this and other outputs screens, holding down the WHEELGROUP button will show you what's tagged. You're on the right lines to look at the tagging, the Fixture Outputs Screen is by far the best way to get some visibility of this.

So if i change a fixture parameter I only nead to program the changes on the changed parameter and not the entire Memory. So If I was to want to move a one Fixture to the left 2 feet. I tag the Frixture. Only move the one fixture then look and see that the only thing is taged is the movement on the one fixture. Hit the program buton and it should save only the affected peramitures. Averything elce should stay the same. ??? Thanks

When you overwrite a memory (or submaster or SX or palette), what is currently tagged gets recorded in that memory. Everything else is lost. There is no merging of current tags with what is already in the memory.

In version 10.4, when you play a memory, the tags already in that memory are loaded. So if you make any changes and overwrite that memory, the tags should be pretty much what you wanted - that's the whole idea. But always best to check on the Fixture Outputs Screen.

Frog Reference 5583 - Option to disable, add-to, or replace tags when when replaying Memories, Submasters & SXs.