Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

fixtures dancing to music

darkness

Hi all

I am able to set up a chase with the generic lights flashing to music and getting the fixtures to do 1 thing within the chase (same colour and gobo and just repeat the same movement) but I was wondering if there was a way of geting fixtures to dance to an audio input with random movements, gobos and colours, im guessing if it is possible it has somthing to do with the FROG function but i dont realy understand how this works

If you use the FROG function you can get any of the fixture parameters (eg colour wheel, gobo wheel, pan, tilt etc) to perform a 'random' chase in time to an audio input.

The various parameters on the FROG Function screen allow you to determine the minimum and maximum values for each attribute, snap or fade between values and the mode (ie manual, automatic or sound to light)

See manual pages 7-4 and 7-5 for a full description of the FROG function.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

cheers, i had another play today and got it working randomly, i didnt have an audio input but i guess it goes in time with that if there is one, or does somthing need setting up?

One thing though, i set it up on a sub master so when im playing around i can just push the slider up but when i bring the fader back down the light carries on, is there a way i can stop this?

Fixture parameters which are set to FROG can be triggered in three different ways. This is determined by the FROG Function parameter called Mode (on the FROG Function screen)

Manual - press the STEP button below the FROG Screen button on the front panel to output the next FROG value.

Auto - the Speed parameter determines how often the next FROG value is output

Sound to Light - triggers on the bass beat of the audio signal.

The other FROG function parameters are used to determine if the output values snap or fade between values and also the minimum and maximum values for colour, beamshape and pan or tilt parameters.

Although the FROG function may be regarded as a 'random chase' it is not treated the same as a real chase memory and therefore is not stopped automatically when the submaster fader is brough down to zero.

Set up another submaster in which the parameters which are FROGging on the other submaster are set to fixed values and raise this submaster when you wish to stop the parameters outputting FROG values.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace