Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Movers on Subs

pogo

Just wondering whether it's possible to not record colour, and beamshape parameters into submasters, allowing these to be inserted from pallets? These would then hold when the next sub is activated, rather than reverting to the parameters recorded in the sub?

Also, I can't seem to find the instructions for the new features added to 8.1? (mainly the section on editing mover information for parameter groups)

If you don't want to record colour and beamshape parameters when programming submasters, I would suggest the following:

Ensure that the desk is in Partial Mode.

Ensure that only the fixtures you want to record are tagged.

Press and hold the POSITION button

Press the PROGRAM button.

Only the position parameters of the tagged fixtures will be recorded together with the current output levels of the generic channels and fixture brightness parameters (which are recorded by default).

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Also, I can't seem to find the instructions for the new features added to 8.1? (mainly the section on editing mover information for parameter groups)

The Release Notes for version 8.1 and earlier versions of the frog series software can be found in the Software Releases forum.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

:D

Thanks for the info, will try that for next gig.

Just downloaded the current manual, which I hadn't realised you update with each new software release, I presumed you had to keep track using the release notes.

Keep up the good work, and look forward to the next software update

• 1 month later...

What if we could turn off "Recording current output levels of the generic channels and fixture brightness parameters (which are recorded by default)", so it wouldn't be recorded??

Very useful when recording positions and moving chases on subs.

I always forget to take down the brightness on the moving heads.

And some times I'll have to record the show while the band are doing sound check, and then they always want some front light...

TrondW

• 1 year later...
What if we could turn off "Recording current output levels of the generic channels and fixture brightness parameters (which are recorded by default)", so it wouldn't be recorded??

Frog Reference 5539 - Ability to tag brightness and tracking for the memory stack.