Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Universal Palette

Pinspot

I wanted to know if there was a way of making a universal palette where I can take all my favorite color, beamshape or position pallets and put them into one area so I don't have to push the color, beamshape or position button to get to them and without putting them on submasters.

Peter

The colour, beamshape and position palettes can only be output using the flash buttons under the preset faders.

However, if you hold down F1 and then press COLOUR, BEAMSHAPE or POSITION, this will lock the channel flash buttons to operate as palette buttons ... simply press the required attribute button first to select whether they are colour, beam or position.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

• 3 months later...

hi ev'rybody

i'm a proud and (a little) experienced fat frog user since 2 year by now and i would like to have an (according to me) really useful feature.

when using my frog in live shows i am almost addicted to palette (i bring with me a series of floppy with lots of show already programmed for different fixture: colours, beamshape and some sub-masters are always the same...) but i find really disappointing having to change from one bank to another while showing...

you know when you expect that your 12 moving heads do move to point the star of the show and instead they turn all to a fairy pink...

not the kind of things that helps your career don't they?

ok the suggestion is this: what about if you should put an extra bank of palette (e.g. when brightness is selected) that can "tag" different attribute? then i could have e.g. ten palette of colour six of beamshape and eight of fixed position ALL on the same bank and memorize on the sub-master only the dimmer controls and the movement...

that would really be great!!!

let me know what do you think about it if you want.

and please forgive my english: you should have understood i'm italian!!!

;D

hi

Mauz

how do you think that i can go to my boss and ask him to buy me a new mambo only 'cos i need an extra bank of palette...

i think he would kick my ...

;D

(or instead buy a used rolacue.... same money and extra feature)

actually we got four fat frog (couple of which are only few months old) and i don't think he will be that glad to have to change 'em...

;(

If you lock the monitor screen onto the palettes, then you can quickly move between colour, beamshape and position palettes simply by pressing the corresponding attribute button.

indeed that's my default way... but's not fast enough for me...

ok sorry 'bout that... if you can do nothing... simply you can't!!!

;D

thought it would have been easier

• 2 years later...

Hello, excuse my English I'm with a translator.

My name is Victor and I'm from Spain.

I'm using a FAT FROG, and I an talking about a way to use flash buttons generic channels, such as shortcuts for colors, gobos or concrete movements.

Ej: flash button 1 / 25 = red in moving head

Ej: flash button 2 / 26 = green in moving head

Ej: flash button 3 / 27 = 4 gobo in moving head

Ej: flash button 4 / 28 = moving head in a specific position

dibujohuf.jpg

Is it possible?

In case you can do, How is it done?

Thank you very much.

Greetings from Spain

Vector

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spanish

Me llamo Victor y soy de España .

Soy usuario de una FAT FROG , y me an hablado de una forma de usar los botones de flahs de los canales genericos , como accesos directos a colores , gobos o movimientos concretos.

Ej: boton flash 1/25 = cabezas movil en color rojo

Ej: boton flash 2/26 = cabezas movil en color verde

Ej: boton flash 3/27 = cabezas movil en gobo 4

Ej: boton flash 4/28 = cabezas movil en una posicion concreta

Es posible hacerlo?

de ser posible, ¿ Como se hace?

Muchas gracias , Un cordial saludo desde España

Vector

You can't set the flash buttons to have a mixture of Colour, Beamshape and Position palettes available at the same time I'm afraid.

However if you lock the flash buttons onto palettes by holding down F1 and pressing Colour, Beamshape or Position. You can then quickly toggle between attributes to select different palettes, by pressing the Colour, Beamshape or Position buttons. This is all described in the manual and in later software release notes (definitely worth upgrading your software to the latest version to get all this functionality).

Hi, pardon my English, I'm with a translator.

My name is Victor and I'm from Spain.

I'm using a FAT FROG, and I an talking about a way to use flash buttons generic channels, such as shortcuts for colors, gobos or movements for robotics.

using the buttons as shortcuts of the robots, for a faster programming or modifying in real time during the show.

Pongo as examples:

Ej: flash button 1 / 25 = red moving head

Ej: flash button 2 / 26 = green moving head

Ej: flash button 3 / 27 = 4 gobo moving head

Ej: flash button 4 / 28 = moving head in a specific position

dibujoxvh.jpg

Is it possible?

If possible, how is it done?

Greetings from Spain

Vector

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPANISH

--------------

Hola, perdonen mi ingles , estoy con un traductor.

Me llamo Victor y soy de España .

Soy usuario de una FAT FROG , y me an hablado de una forma de usar los botones de flahs de los canales genericos , como accesos directos a colores , gobos o movimientos concretos para la robotica.

usando los botones como accesos directos de los robots , para una programacion mas rapida o modificando a tiempo real durante el espectaculo

Como ejemplos:

Ej: boton flash 1/25 = cabezas movil en color rojo

Ej: boton flash 2/26 = cabezas movil en color verde

Ej: boton flash 3/27 = cabezas movil en gobo 4

Ej: boton flash 4/28 = cabezas movil en una posicion concreta

¿Es posible hacerlo?

De ser posible, ¿ Como se hace?

Un cordial saludo desde España

Vector