Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

matching tempo's and beat

dave2328

hi everyone , i have a job in two days time using a frog 2 , broadly speaking its going to be mainly music . so i,m going to need a way of matching both the BMP and the beat of a chase to that of the music. in other words i,m looking for a way of achieving a "tap twice to set tempo" sort of thing.

i,m aware that i can make a UDF a time fader and have some sort of control over a chase that way , but matching beats off sliders generally means that the first 20 seconds of each song is going to look messy whilst you try to match the exact tempo , even when you do match your chase BPM to the music , the actual timing {to the snare or hi-hat} is still off the beat , which looks very wrong indeed. i,m sure there must be a tap twice to match tempo function here somewhere i just can't find it. thanks for any help in advance.

Program the steps of the chase into a cue stack.

Via the Cue Stack Setup Window - turn the cue stack into a chase and set the Chase Drive modifier to Beat.

To play back the chase - select the cue stack, raise the master fader to full and press the GO button to start the chase.

Tap the GO button twice to set the beat of the chase.

If you know the exact tempo of the chase and this is not going to vary then you can always set the Chase Drive modifier to Auto and the Speed modifier to the required bpm.

HTH

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace