Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Question about super user-->set program mode

JAdamson

Greetings to all,

I have read the manual several times & finally began to set up my Fat Frog today. I was able to navigate into the super user mode, load fixture definitions, and set the desk for "partial mode". But there are 3 other fields in that section: color, beamshape, and position. The choices are "all" or "channel". I checked through the manual thoroughly, but can not get any further info on what these two options are. Could someone please explain this?

I am using v 10.4 software on a Fat Frog. My light plot will include both generics & intels; and will be composed mostly of scenes, but also some chases. Thanks. John

John Adamson

The latest software changes are documented in the Release Notes that came with Version 10.4.

Here is a section I have extracted from those notes which should answer your question ...

1. Partial Programming

When the programming mode is set to Partial in Desk Setup, the desk will now program down to individual parameter (channel) level.

The function of the Wheel Group button has been substantially altered from previous versions of software and now operates more like a Shift button. It may be useful to affix a label next to the button on desks running this software to indicate the change in function.

In these release notes, the following terminology is used:

o Parameter – a single fixture function (eg. Cyan, Gobo, Focus, Pan, Tilt etc)

o Attribute – a set of associated parameters (eg. Colour, Beamshape or Position).

o Fixture – a unit controlled by a set of attributes.

1.1 Desk Setup

When the desk is set up in Partial Mode - There are three additional options under Program Mode to allow parameters to be auto-tagged by attribute (Colour, Beamshape or Position) or individually.

The default settings are Colour: All, Beamshape: Channel and Position: All.

If the option is set to ‘All’ adjusting a parameter will automatically tag all parameters in that attribute for the selected fixtures. For example, if Colour is set to ‘All’ – adjusting Cyan, Magenta, Yellow or a colour wheel will automatically tag all the Colour parameters for the selected fixtures.

In Position adjusting Pan, Tilt or any of the movement effect parameters will tag all Position and movement effect parameters.

If the option is set to ‘Channel’ adjusting a parameter will tag that parameter only. For example, if Beamshape is set to ‘Channel’ – adjusting a Gobo, Focus, Shutter etc will just tag the adjusted parameter.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace