Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Problem!!! help fast!!!

frogsurf

A client's providing me with Pilot 250's to add to an existing rig and expects me to use them. java script:emoticon(':roll:')java script:emoticon(':lol:')

Downloaded the latest fixture library... ect...

No brightnes/dimmer controll!

Got pan, tilt, gobos, color.... every thing but dim!!! Lights stuck @ 100%

---->Not operator error<---- The rest of the lights (mac 500's) work fine.

Please check your latest fixture update. I think it's wrong. Dim should be on channel 2....

:roll: :roll: :lol: 8O :lol:

In the latest library (16.03), it looks to me like the dimmer is on channel 2 for the Pearl River Pilot 250.

We've had a similar issue before with some of the Pearl River fixtures, where the dimmer is off at DMX 255 and on at DMX 0 (check the manual for your particular fixture). I'm told that the fixtures now have an option in the menus to invert this.

Does the fixture dim when you lower the Grand Master fader on the desk?

What does the DMX output window on the desk show is being sent for the dimmer channel on the fixture?

Wow, what a brutal show. The pilots did not have the "reverse dim" onboard. Too old I guess.

They stayed @ 100% through three days of shows. Did I mention that the shutters have no "close"!!! The lowest value was very slow strobe. Sheesh, such a pain.

I had to do "something" with them in every single scene, back out, set change, walkin/out.... argh. I could almost get a blackout by pointing 'em away from the house, towards the sky in the darkest color, gobo and out of focus. I hit the floor area bedind the set alot and also put them on the cyc to slow things down a bit, lots of wash stuff. I had to be carefull 'caust no matter what move I made, It would show... all in all... I'd say it "worked" and only I and the client knew or noticed the issue but it felt corny and "hillbilly" to me.

That show was lame..... Sorry, but I just needed a shoulder or two to cry on for a min.

edit---> The client did not even know his pilots were supposed to to HAVE dimming. He thought you turn them on and they just "stay" on... :lol: