Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Memory Loss Problem!!!

Hornett

Hello,

Our Fat Frog desk used to remember everything that was programmed into the desk with out having to save it to floppy, this however seems to have stopped. if at some point during a program session and the power trips or there is a power cut all data that was programmed is lost even though recovery mode is switched on!

it has got to the point where everytime i turn on the desk i have to re enter the date and time. I have opend up the desk and checked the internal battery and it seems to be in working order!!

Any Ideas would be very helpfull as it has started to bug me!!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

From what you have describe the fault is pointing to either a fault with the memory module or a possible connection issue with the supply from the battery to the memory. This could be either down to the modules seating or depending on the version of mother board fitted the battery holder clip.

Can you please PM or better still e-mail me the desk serial number, this will enable me to date the desk age and versions etc.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.

• 3 months later...