Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Sirius 24 oops

A few days ago, I wanted to change the analogue output wiring of a Sirius 24 mk 2. Unfortunately I made the mistake of taking the covers off without looking at the manual first. In the process I rather foolishliy removed the cheekpieces. This didn't result in a major catastrophe, but I rather quickly figured out you actually could remove the bottom cover without removing the cheekpieces first to get at the wiring. However, somewhere in this process I have managed to make 6 oblong plastic sheets, about 1cmx2cmx1mm fall out of the Sirius. They have no visible witness marks, mounting holes or clips, nor is there any any obvious place they should have been. They look like spacers of some sort, and probably friction fitted somewhere as part of the cheekpiece assembly. I assume they weren't just flying about inside the Sirius by accident. Can anybody rescue me from feeling extremely silly and tell me where they're meant to go? I'm reluctant to just leave them out in the great tradition of 'having at least one screw left over' on the principle that they might be acting as PCB spacers or performing some other important insulating function.

The spacers are from the chassis to help line nuts up to secure the fader panels to the front panel etc.

If you look at the side of the desk you should see where they would slot into. Look at where the screws that are holding the fader panels down should help with this.

They are also on the bottom panel as well. Look at where the two parts of the panel screw together.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.