Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Editing multiple times accross multiple parameters?

Christopher Snape

Is there a way (in a recorded cue or while recording the cue) that I can select more than one parameter over multiple fixtures so as I can change all the times at once?

eg:

I have set up the look I would like to record but now would like to set the times:

• I would like to change the time on all, Cyan Magenta Yellow for four fixtures from 3secs to 5secs.

• I would then like to change the time of the pan and tilt on the four fixtures from 3secs to 10secs.

• I then would like to change the delay on all, Cyan Magenta Yellow on the four fixtures to 2secs.

At the moment I have to individually change each parameter time for each fixture one at a time. Is there a way to select multiple parameters across multiple fixtures?

:?

There are a number of methods which allow you to set the values or fade or delay times for a number of fixtures / parameters at the same time ...

To set the fade time for the same parameter of a number of different fixtures:

Display the Program Window on the monitor.

Select the required fixtures

Select the required parameter of one of the selected fixtures on the Program Window using the mouse.

Press the SET key

Enter the required time (eg 5 ENTER = 5 seconds)

You can also set the fade times for all parameters or just one or more selected attributes of the selected fixtures in the Program Window as follows:

TIME X ENTER (all parameters to X seconds)

TIME COLOUR X ENTER (all colour parameters to X seconds)

TIME BEAM X ENTER (all beamshape parameters to X seconds)

TIME POSITION X ENTER (all position parameters to X seconds)

TIME COLOUR X BEAM Y POSITION Z ENTER (all colour parameters to X seconds, beamshape parameters to Y seconds and position parameters to Z seconds)

Fade times can also be entered in a similar manner when recording a cue or editing a cue - see Frog 2 Operating Manual - Pages 81 - 83

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

There are a number of methods which allow you to set the values or fade or delay times for a number of fixtures / parameters at the same time ...

To set the fade time for the same parameter of a number of different fixtures:

Display the Program Window on the monitor.

Select the required fixtures

Select the required parameter of one of the selected fixtures on the Program Window using the mouse.

Press the SET key

Enter the required time (eg 5 ENTER = 5 seconds)

You can also set the fade times for all parameters or just one or more selected attributes of the selected fixtures in the Program Window as follows:

TIME X ENTER (all parameters to X seconds)

TIME COLOUR X ENTER (all colour parameters to X seconds)

TIME BEAM X ENTER (all beamshape parameters to X seconds)

TIME POSITION X ENTER (all position parameters to X seconds)

TIME COLOUR X BEAM Y POSITION Z ENTER (all colour parameters to X seconds, beamshape parameters to Y seconds and position parameters to Z seconds)

Fade times can also be entered in a similar manner when recording a cue or editing a cue - see Frog 2 Operating Manual - Pages 81 - 83

Yes it all makes perfect sense. thanks