Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

supplying 2 betapack 2's with 1 32A Ceeform

Hi all,

I was wondering how to supply 2 betapack 2's with 1 32A Ceeform. (Leaving 8 Amps per channel, which is enough in this case). I am hoping to do this without an expansive distro, but I may have to because of safety reasons. I have seen 32A Cee to 2x 16A Cee, but that would mean a 16A Cee would be supplied with 3x 32A, which IMHO isn't safe.

Another way of doing this is to supply the betapack directly with the 32A Ceeform and hardwiring the 2nd betapack with a daisy chain from the first Betapack's supply rail. I know this means 1 fault in either of the packs would mean both packs would shutdown, but this is not a problem in this case. (at least 1 or 2 down would be an equal problem).

Since Betapacks are often supplied with 32A Ceeform, I think this would not be a problem and all outputs are fused at 10A, so this wouldn't be a problem either. But maybe I'm missing something.

Any suggestions/ comments?

Distro would be the preferred and safe method of doing this but it would be possible to link the supply terminals out.

The only thing that I can see that may be a problem is getting two sets of cables into the clamps on the buzz bars.

Something that I would also do is bring the incoming cable in on the normal cable entry but use the second blank one on the other side for the loop out (with cable clamp of course).

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.