Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

It's here!

jax

Our new Fat Frog has come in this week. Our youth room is just about finished. I've been reading the manual for months but it's much different when you have the board in front of you. I think we made a great choice even though we may not have a large lighting rig and we have no intelligent lights (someday). I'm hoping my youth team (who has been learning how to use the Express in our main auditorium) find the concepts easy.

I've never used this board, but I'll probably get it pretty quickly. I've been following these forums for a while and noticed there are several little (and some big) new things in the new software. Would it be better for me to load the new software and then learn the board? Should I learn it with its current software and then see what's changed?

I generally find it more helpful to use the version of software that I'm actually going to be using; saves me sitting there getting confused between minor differences when I don't have to be!

But yes, it is a very easy to pick up desk :)