Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Short cut keys

hutch

Any chance of a short cut key for 'thru' on the OLE; it's such a useful key when setting up a show...

Also, is there a reason why only the master 'go' button works on the OLE and you have to select the first cue on the keyboard rather than just being able to run from the top of the cuelist using 'go'.

Following the convention of other offline software, I expect we could probably implement SHIFT+. (which produces the > sign) as THRU.

I'm not sure I follow your other comments. All the GO buttons should trigger the stack under which they are located. The syntax STACK n ENTER loads a stack onto the virtual playback for triggering - pressing the Master Go after this will trigger the first cue in the stack.

Hope this helps

Peter

Peter Kirkup

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure I follow your other comments. All the GO buttons should trigger the stack under which they are located. The syntax STACK n ENTER loads a stack onto the virtual playback for triggering - pressing the Master Go after this will trigger the first cue in the stack.

Hope this helps

Peter

Hi Peter,

That may be true on the desk, but if you record a few cues on the OLE on stack 1, you will find that if the playback is released, no amount of "Go' button pushing either on playback 1 or on the master when the playback is selected will initiate the first cue in the stack. Unless you load using '1/1 enter" the playback is effectively dead. Once the first cue is run, the master go operates, but not the local one. Not a huge problem, but inconvenient....