Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Cue detail Preview

Marc

Using a Frog2 every day ...I'm used to modify my cue using the cue detail preview window... I have been told that it must be a bug and that I shouldn't work this way but I find it's the easyest and quickest way ...

Using this feature I can indeed modify everything I want blind and quicker than "blind active ....update...etc" and have an overall view on all my cue !

so please keep it !

Then the problem is to make modifications on many fixtures at the same time...would it be possible to use "shift"and then clik with the mouse on the fixtures to select them...

Thanks a lot

You are correct - the Preview Cue Window was not actually designed to be used as a method of editing the cue, but somehow it does appear to have some acquired some of that functionality. 8O

The Preview Cue Window was intended to be a 'read only' window to allow you to see what was programmed in your cue, and to see which parameters had increased, decreased or tracked from earlier cues in the stack. :P

The Program Window is specifically designed for editing cues (and palettes) and once you have loaded the cue you can select individual fixtures or groups or combinations of fixtures and edit their values or times at the same time.

If we decide that the best course of action is to continue to allow editing of a cue via the Preview Cue Window, then it is more likely we would use the same command syntax as with the Program Window for selecting multiple fixtures, to maintain consistency of the user interface.

Using SHIFT and mouse clicks for multiple selection would have to be implemented across ALL appropriate windows, not just the Preview Cue Window and as such would be a more major undertaking. This is something that has been mentioned before and we may implement it in later issues - it will have to be reviewed along with all the other requests when we decide what to include in the next feature update

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace