Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

LED lights on chaser submaster

jacksonj04

I'm trying to get some new LED parcans working in a chase sequence on a FatFrog and am running into some difficulties.

The lights are designed with each colour (RGB) being assigned to a DMX channel, with 0 being no output in that colour and 255 being full. I have built a fixture type and loaded it into the desk with no problems, spin wheels work fine.

When chase is stored into memory, colours fade or snap properly (Depending on settings). The issue is that when the chase is 'parked' on a submaster (i.e. faded out) since the colour settings are all seperate and not brightness channels, it simply parks the light with the colour channels on their step 1 output. Since step 1 involves set colours, I end up with lights on in the wrong place.

Is there any way to tell the FatFrog to treat all three 'Colour' channels as brightness (And thuly fade properly on submasters), or is it just easier to patch them to non-fixture channels and run like that?

Note for any techs around, could functionality like this be considered for an OS revision? I've seen a few newer lights with no common brightness, since all three colours (RGB or CYM) are effectively their own bulb.

If the RGB parameters are defined in the colour attribute they are therefore treated as LTP parameters which are not affected by the Grand Master or blackout button.

At present it is not possible to define more than one intensity (Brightness) parameter per fixture type.

LTP parameters which are programmed onto a submaster are only triggered when the submaster is raised above the LTP trigger level. The submaster fader only controls the HTP channels in the data or transferred memory.

LTP parameters will only change when told to do so by setting their values directly or by outputting a memory, submaster or palette.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

• 2 weeks later...

To anybody else in this position - the easiest way to deal with it is to patch three fader channels to the appropriate DMX values for RGB, then mix like that. However, you lose three faders per lantern and can't use fixture features like palletes or FROG.

Awaiting solution from the software geniuses of Zero 88.