Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Effects generator on Phantom Frog

Kirkup_xp

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to be having the same problem with the effects thumbwheel.

I also find when I minimise either desk, or screen windows to enable the other item, when I maximise it again, it does not reappear properly(it goes see-through!)

There also seems to be no way to re-size either desk or monitor windows to enable both to fit on screen at once.

If you drag the windows I also found that the text is unreadable afterwards.

:?:

Guest Tom Sharrad

Agreed, there does not seem to be a way to resize the windows, making using the monitor view and desk view at once impossible. I am also suffering from the transparency problem you mentioned. Just a couple of glitches to sort out! Apart from that, its really useful and saves a lot of time.

Tom

The selection of the movement effect using the thumb wheel does appear to be a bug.

Frog Reference No 5451 - Cannot select movement effect using the thumb wheel on the Phantom Frog.

As to resizing of the front panel and monitor screen windows - I have passed that on to our software guru who will hopefully explain all :wink:

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

There also seems to be no way to re-size either desk or monitor windows to enable both to fit on screen at once.

In the current version there is no resizing for either window.

For the monitor window this would be fairly easy to implement, but when scaled the monitor text may get difficult to read.

For the front panel, this is much more complicated due to the mouse interaction, but should be possible. but again, issues will arise over the readability of the LCD text...

Perhaps we should consider making the windows scrollable instead of scaling them?

Just a preference:

Monitor & Desk window:

As seen on other configurations: just a few sizes are allowed, ensuring a proper layout.

Desk window:

Only when maximized, scrolling is inevitable and acceptable (due to the desk sizes).

I don't like the idea of scrolling a too large content within a too small window (don't like scrolling at all).

off topic somewhat:

After extracting the pictures from the executable, modifying the color depth and reassembling a desk, it was possible to magnify the desk size; the (green) desktop (frogtop?) however, needs considerable detail improvement to make this effort sensible.

Admitted, the one-size-suits-all solution is obvious for a first version; dynamic resizing is very laborious (or expensive libraries).

I guess the abovementioned problems are somewhat related to this issue.

Hey, there isn't a Frog in the emoticon selection field!