Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Fixture Parameter Order

Morn

Is there any chance that there will be a function which let me change the order of the fixture parameters via Fixture Type Editor without creating the whole fixture type from scratch? (Fixture Type/Parameter/ )

This could be solved with an extra Input field in the "Properties" menu or even better with drag&drop in the "Parameter" Window...

Asked for that some time ago, but found now that this feature wasn't introduced in 2.0 :cry:

It would be very cool, because some of the fixture types are quiet disordered in my opinion. (eg. Technobeam Iris) Access through the wheels and optical recognition on the monitor screen (at least on Frog1 series Consoles) could be speeded up when parameters are ordered logical...

Thank you :roll:

So, if you don't start drinking...I'm gonna leave!!!

I am assuming that you mean the order that the fixture parameters appear in the wheel groups on the desk ?

The order that the fixture parameters appear in the fixture editor is determined by the order they are entered by the user. They are also grouped into attributes by the fixture editor (brightness, colour, beamshape and position)

If you don't like the default order that the parameters appear in their various wheel groups then you can always define your own wheel groups in the fixture type editor. This feature has been in since the beginning and is designed so that you can arrange the parameters on the control wheels as you prefer :P

Note - that all parameters for a particular attribute should be assigned to a wheel or you may not have control of them on the desk. It is also possible to have the same parameter appear in more than one wheel group.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Yes, go to 3 Wheel Groups (or 4 Wheel Groups, depending on your mode), right click a wheel group, press "properties", you can choose which property you want on each wheel. Alternatively, you can clear the wheel groups, add new ones from scratch, but preserve the paramaters. Means you keep your paramaters, and get to re-define which paramaters you want on each wheel.

Or have I misinterpreted what you're looking to do?

I'd done this right now. But I would like to have the parameter on the Monitor Screen (output screen) in correct order, too. This is currently only possible with editing a complete new fixture type. Editing (e.g. via drag&drop) is not possible. I can't imagine that it is a lot of programming work, to add some drag and drop to the particular window...(hit me if i'm wrong :roll: )

It would be very concise, especially when "parameter details" on Frog Desks would be introduced sometime...

This would rock!

Drag and drop functionality on the monitor screen .. not a lot of programming 8O

Please bear in mind the basic fact that the Frog series of desks do not have graphical monitor displays or mouse interface :P

The monitor displays are simple text based displays, ie not interactive (cf Illusion 500 and Frog 2) They are essentially expansions of the information shown on the Main LCD on the desk.

Bran Media | Myspace

Drag and drop functionality on the monitor screen .. not a lot of programming 8O

Please bear in mind the basic fact that the Frog series of desks do not have graphical monitor displays or mouse interface :P

The monitor displays are simple text based displays, ie not interactive (cf Illusion 500 and Frog 2) They are essentially expansions of the information shown on the Main LCD on the desk.

I believe what Morn was asking for was Drag and Drop functionality in the fixture editing tools.

Peter Kirkup

@K-Nine: :lol: You got me completly wrong...it's like Kirkup_xp says...I meant the editor...

[kidding]But when thinking about this...Why not drag&drop on the monitor screen...we could use the desk light socket for connecting a mouse or trackball...just a bit hardware tinkering.... Does anyone else need this? No?:( [/kidding]

Changes have been made to the Fixture Editor recently in order to be able to define additional data that is used by the Frog 2, and obviously any major bugs in the software will be fixed, but I doubt if we will be allowed to spend too much time and effort on adding features for the sake of it on something that we give away for free :P

Bran Media | Myspace