Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Jester Programming

Olli

Currently this would only be possible with a pen and paper!

It's a good idea though for a future update. It would be quite nice to extend the functionality of the COPY/PASTE function, so that you could copy a look in Run Mode, then go into Program Mode and paste that look into a Memory/Submaster.

Edit: this has now been implemented in software version 1.8.

• 2 years later...

Have I missed something that I believe I found in other boards, but seems lacking on the Jester? This is to bring up a loaded submaster when in program mode and add its continents to the current scene. I see the way around this as to go into run mode with a blank scene and raise submasters as needed then copy the look. After one can go to program mode with the same memory active, paste the look and add any other channels wanted for the scene. Is there a better way to do this?

The method you describe using Copy in Run Mode, and then Paste in Program Mode, is the best way to build up a look from submasters on the Jester. Since the Copy button snapshots the current outputs, you can also add other channels in Run Mode using the top bank of faders.

• 3 years later...

This "copy" button that you speak of - where? I'm looking at a brand new Jester ML48 and don't see one. I dearly want to be able to copy and move states but can't see how. I normally grab rough states at the upper end of the numbers during rehearsal and then when the "director " has decided whether it's BO or Tabs IN or whatever assemble a running order leaving room for edits adding subtracting FOH and all such delicacies. "Copy and paste" would be wonderful but how ??

The normal Jester range have a Copy/Paste button. The ML and TL series have a different way of copying and pasting.

Go to the memory you want to copy, press 'edit', and then go to the memory you wish to record into and press 'program'.

Hope this helps,

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

• 2 weeks later...

hallelujah - that worked - many thanks. Now I'm stuck on inserting a couple of states (scenes) into the running order: have followed the instruction titled "Inserting memories" but when I p[ress ""insert" sweet nothing happens. No options are offered. I've tried dummy runs in run mode , programme mode, no difference . I can see a workaround by putting the adjusted states on submasters but it's not exactly elegant and I'd prefer to have a running order in order. I'm probably doing something very stoopid but on the grounds that the manual may not be correct it's worth asking how to do the thing, Cheers.

If you have a monitor plugged in, you will see x.1 thru x.9 inserted between the two cues.

However, if you don't have a monitor plugged in, you won't see anything happen on the small blue LCD, but they have been inserted.

So press insert, and then use the down arrow to scroll down into your new cues.

I hope that makes sense?

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control