Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

diablo and kino flo

hz

I need to use the console with some image 80 and I have some problem with

the assign.

Kino Flo told choose the general fixtures at the fixture library but i can't find

and I tryied to assign for the general faders too but wont work

nothing happened

so I will be very happy if somebody would give me some advice

I just checked the kino manual again and its said:need to adjust the channel

to linear light output how can i adjust this?

You should be able to control these particular fixtures using just the generic channel outputs from the Diablo. The Diablo has 18 of these. Make sure that the DMX address you have set on your fixture corresponds to how the generic channels on the Diablo have been patched (Assign/Patch->Generics menu).

In the View/Preview->DMX menu on the Diablo, you can see exactly what the Diablo is sending on each DMX channel to confirm you have set up the desk correctly.

The generic channels on the Diablo are always linear output so you do not need to worry about that.

• 3 years later...

Thank You for the answer Paul it's everything worked well.

Now I have another problem:

I just need to run a MAC 575 krypton with this desk but I don't have this USB to DMX adapter cable to patch the fixture file into the desk.

Could you or anybody give me some hints?

Thank You in advance

You can create basic fixture personalities on the Diablo itself without the cable, full details are in the user manual. If you want to buy a cable, we still have a couple in stock, part number is 0076200, contact your local distributor or the Zero88 Sales office for pricing.