Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Help! How do i have a chase going with generic lights static

farazm

Hi Guys,

I got a Fat Frog this week, literaly. My GCSE Drama Exam is Next Tuesday, of which i am doing lighting as my option so my GCSE depends on this!!

I am sort off getting used to the Frog's interface but i cant get my head round this problem.

I have a scene, which is set in a club. The actors dont move much, so i can have particular spots or general cover on them but seeing as its a club i thought it would be cool to have a few colours rotating in the background?

So i would have the stage permenantly lit, but with maybe 3 different generic laterns cylcing through a few colors extremly slowly. I have made a chase on the desk that works great, except the only problem is how do i get this to work with my other cues?

If i put it on a submaster it seems to loose its accuracy of speed, and i would rather have it intergrated with the show. Is there anyway i could add it onto a cue like a layer or something? or possibley have the chase trigger at the same time as the cue?

Sorry if this seems kinda stupid, just trying 2 get 2 grips.

Cheers

Faraz

I guess it depends mainly if you want live control of the chase or not. and how you wish to integrate it into the rest of your show .

If you want to start it, stop it or adjust the modifiers live then putting it onto a submaster is probably the best idea. Create a chase memory outside your normal memory stack and transfer it onto a submaster. It's speed, or indeed any of the other chase modifiers should not change while the chase is running unless you change any of the modifiers live on the desk.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Put it on the submaster as you are doing and then simply adjust the speed with the speed pot to get it accurate. I am surprised that it is not the same speed as when you programmed it. Check that you have not moved the speed pot by mistake.

Graham