Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

such as Memory mode2?!?

mrmauz

well i use a fat frog since an year and... that's ok I like it. (my boss asked to choose for this year's tour between my tailless amphibian "fat"one and an old rolacue... i choosed frog!!)

the 10th release of OS works good but i would like something more (if you ever worked with a rolacue you should know what i'm talkin about): i would like to prog something like a movement regardless of the position of M.H. and i know that i can do it "untagging" (or not tagging) unwanted channel...but the movement stands in even when i "turn off" the fader...

you know, the pearl's memory mode 2 works like if everything programmed onto it was a dimmer: up-in down-out... and if a position is programmed as memory 2, it change from the previous to the programmed poosition as if "dimmed"! e.g. at 50% of the fading, the position is something half-way in between the previos and the next. that means that i can cross position and movement with the real control of my finger...

how can I do something like that with my fat frog?

and, incidentally, can I "merge" movements?

please let me know...

thanx :roll:

I think there are two issues here...

Firstly, Frog Reference 5422 - Movement Effects and FROG outputs should stop when the submaster fader is brought down to zero.

Secondly, the issue of controlling LTP parameters with the position of the submaster fader. See THIS TOPIC for further discussion and links to related topics.

What do you mean by by 'merge movements' ?

One thing to remember about LTP Parameters (colour, beamshape, position and movement effects) is that they cannot be 'undone', 'untriggered' or 'released' ... there is no history of what they were doing previously stored in the desk.

For example, if you set the colour of some fixtures to red and then to green, you cannot 'undo' the green command to return to red ... you need to repeat the operation that turned them red.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

ok then: is there any way that i can use to "fade" between the actual position and the next wanted controlling the fading time with the fader itself?

second: "merge movements" means that i would like to mix e.g. a tilt movement prog on a sub with a pan move prog on another sub...

last one: can i control at least X and Y amplitude of a movements Fx with a sub fader?

*****thanx Paul for Ur fast answering: go on like this :lol: *****

how do i look for a "frog reference"?

The answer to all 3 of your questions is no I'm afraid.

To search for related topics, just type the Frog Reference number into the Search above. You'll also find these reference numbers in the release notes that accompany each software update, detailing new or modified functionality.