Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Version 3 Comments

lxkev

Hmmm,

First time I really busked on this desk and was a bit unhappy :(

I wanted the main page and pallets in the touch screen. During the show I selected the screen, but I was using the flash buttons on the udf, and every time I flashed the main screen came up, rather then leaving up the pallets...

Every so often the touch screen would fade out a bit, and the desk crashed

Created a chase, selected it to be beat. Same fixtures different chase order again beat. So I use my first chase, its nice and slow. It’s on playback 1. I then want the 2nd chase to run really fast. So I press the go as fast as I could, this is playback 2 and it’s set to 0%......playback one stops. Is there a way around this?

On the upside great job on the effects section, would like to see more like seesaw i.e. one fixture pans left the other right……..

I need a new job

I wanted the main page and pallets in the touch screen. During the show I selected the screen, but I was using the flash buttons on the udf, and every time I flashed the main screen came up, rather then leaving up the pallets..

Depending on what you have assigned to the UDF's, pressing their flash buttons will in certain cases generate a command on the command line. When a command is entered (by whatever means) the main screen on the touch screen becomes the active window (as it contains the command line) and therefore replaces whatever window may have been on the touch screen previously.

Every so often the touch screen would fade out a bit, and the desk crashed

Was this a real 'crash' which generates a debug file which can be saved to the memory stick on re-boot or a lock-up ? Is there any sequence of events or operations that cause this to happen ?

Created a chase, selected it to be beat. Same fixtures different chase order again beat. So I use my first chase, its nice and slow. It’s on playback 1. I then want the 2nd chase to run really fast. So I press the go as fast as I could, this is playback 2 and it’s set to 0%......playback one stops. Is there a way around this?

You say that the two playbacks / chases contained the same fixtures ? If an active playback (or UDF/UDK) no longer owns any nodes, it is automatically released by the desk - this process is called 'Stomping'.

On the upside great job on the effects section, would like to see more like seesaw i.e. one fixture pans left the other right……..

Having got your fixtures doing the required effect, select the ones you wish to move in the opposite direction and simply set the offset effect parameter to 50% :P

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace