Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Is it possible ?

3guk

Due to some crappy moving lights that our theatre has managed to rent for the duration of an upcoming show I have a problem.

Is it possible to edit a value into every single cue without having to press teh edit button on each cue. I have over 200 cues and they all need to have fixture 1 dimmer set to 82% as thats its off value. Do not ask me why, they are more for disco use but anyway I need to use them.

Is there a way to multi edit a mover into every cue ?

Cheers !!

I'm afraid not... the only way to get such behaviour is the use of pallets, and you can't use pallets on the brightness attribute. If it's only intelligent lighting you used; you could set your master fader at 82% and use an extra submaster to push the rest of all the intensities to 100%. That is offcourse, assuming you programmed @ 100% all over.

Think you have some editing work to do ;) Maybe Z88 could provide you with a way to alter the actual showfile, but I don't know if there is one.

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

Would partial mode work, you see these movers were brought in at the end of programming and I wasnt really told.

And hence they are not programmed into any of the cues, a few cues need the movers in but if I set the brightness to 82% in the previous cue the as the fade up of the previous cue takes place the light comes on and then goes to its value of 82% ready for the next cue where it goes up to 88% and comes on.

Is that understandable ? Is there anyway withou reprogramming the 200 or so cues so that it looks bearable ?

If it's not actually in any of the cues, I'd just set a submaster (or even leave master A or B) with that channel as 82%, and leave it on full the whole time. This 82% will HTP override the 0% Programmed in any of the cues.

Of course if it's programmed anywhere above 82% in any of the cues, have fun with your editing.