Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Delay in starting of Chase

Jeff M.

With a MAC 250+ and Fat Frog I am trying to do a simple 2 step chase which consists of step one starting out to the left and step two being 45 degrees to the right of step one. What I am looking for is a slow moving sweep back and forth. I have set the fixture to the speed but when playing back it takes about ten seconds to start the chase when going to it in the memories. Is there any way to get this to start sooner without the delay?

Check that the Position action for the memory is set to Snap. This should ensure that the fixture moves as quickly as possible to the position in step 1 of the chase when you hit the GO button to output the memory. If it still takes a while to move to the initial position then this may be due to how the MAC itself is set up.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

With chases, the Position Action modifer determines how the outputs change between steps of the chase; either snap or fade.

The modifier applies to all steps of the chase, therefore you can either snap between steps 1 and 2, and 2 and 1, or fade between them. It is not possible to snap between some steps and fade between others.

There may be other ways of achieving the effect you want; I will have a think and let you know if I come up with any ideas :idea:

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace