Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

A few little things...

dwh

I've just gotten a lovely new Bullfrog and there are a few things I've noticed which I've liked in some of the desks I've played with over the past few months, which aren't there (or at least that I didn't see)...

1) An inhibit light function; if a light gets knocked or a gel slips during a show, it's convenient to be able to just black out the light, so that it won't come up when you go to the next memory.

2) Blackout: Could there be a SU option to set it to momentary/latching?

3) Remote switches: Could they do things other than just "go" (maybe a simple programmable interface, or certain channels assigned to them?) [less important than 1 & 2]

4) A "lock whole desk" function - stop pesky kids from fiddling with my desk! (I've seen a post or two about this kicking about)

[Edit] Forgot number 5) Latching flash option [/Edit]

Cheers!

-dan

1) An inhibit light function; if a light gets knocked or a gel slips during a show, it's convenient to be able to just black out the light, so that it won't come up when you go to the next memory.

Frog Reference 5417 - Topset

2) Blackout: Could there be a SU option to set it to momentary/latching?

If you want a momentary blackout, just solo a channel/submaster with nothing on it.

3) Remote switches: Could they do things other than just "go" (maybe a simple programmable interface, or certain channels assigned to them?)

Frog Reference 5487 - Extend options for Remote Switches

4) A "lock whole desk" function - stop pesky kids from fiddling with my desk! (I've seen a post or two about this kicking about)

As discussed HERE...

5) Latching flash option

Just push the fader to full!

5) Latching flash option

Just push the fader to full!

But that's not the point of flash! If I've got things set up on my preset(s) [depending on wide mode], and I want to solo a light for a minute, maybe while I walk away from the desk, it's inconvenient to have to program and clear one of them, or to program a blank memory and manually edit it.