Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

New to Moving lights

CalifLove

Hi folks,

A few questions:

I have a REALLY simple show I need to get through that includes 2 Mac550's run through a FatFrog board. The lighting Op I wanted is not going to be able to make it and finding someone this late in the game isn't going to work...

I've managed to get the 550's to talk to the FatFrog but it seems the values I manipulate do not equate with what is supposed to happen. e.g. I change focus control and the fixture starts swaying back and fourth with pulses of light.

I set fixture 1 with a start address of 1 and fixture 2 with a start address of 28... I'm thinking these need to be resolved to the board somehow but I don't know where???

Any help to get me pointed in the right direction is GREATLY appreciated. All these lights need to do is a simple Fig 8 around the room for walk in/out and a couple of static gobo shots on the walls (custom gobos)...

Thanks in advance for whatever help anyone can provide!

When using moving lights on the Fat Frog you need to assign the fixture types to the fixture selection buttons and then patch them to the correct DMX start addresses - See operating manual pages 6-3 to 6-9 for full details.

Note - If your MACS have addresses 1 and 28 then you will have to unpatch the corresponding generic channels as you cannot have generic channels AND fixtures patched to the same DMX address. Alternatively you can set the start addresses on the fixtures to be > 48.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Certain fixture parameters on some fixture types have random, stand-alone or sound activated functions at the top of their DMX range.

If your fixture appears to be doing things on it's own - try homing it or homing the appropriate attribute (colour, beamshape or position).

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace