Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Betapack2

Hi there,

I've just come home from a day of stress. The thing that has got me pulling my hair out is one of my four betapacks 2 (DMX version) is completely dead. Right, now all 4 are powered from the same fuse board. The other 3 switch on ok when I switch the master switch on, but the first dosen't do anything (no lights, no nothing). I had it on the other day, with 4 lights plugged in. No extra lights have been plugged in, and all that appears to have happened is for no apparent reason, its died. Its only 3 years old too, and is used perhaps once a month or so.

The individual RCD for this pack is fine. But still, no lights come on at all, no power or DMX signal.

I know there is the fuse for each channel, and wander if the master fuse has blown for some reason. Problem is, its mounted on a wall and I don't know where to start to rectify the problem.

How can I check the master fuse, and where can I find it!? Will I need to take it off the wall? Only just found out on the net that it has a tamper plate covering the front - is it under there?

Or perhaps someone has got any other ideas why it might not be working?

Like I said, there is no reason why its gone, and the other 3 are working fine.

Just read over that all, and I know it sounds muddled and waffled - i'm still panicing to get it ready in time for the show!

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Matt

If there are no LEDs lit at all on the front, and you're sure that the mains going in is OK, then it could be the internal fuse on the transformer. To get at this you will need to take the pack off the wall and remove the top cover. Please only attempt this if you're confident in your own ability to service the equipment and put it all back together safely. If not, call the people who installed it!

The tamper plate on the front only conceals the DMX Address switches to stop prying fingers from meddling...