Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Patching problems at RobeColorspot 575AT

Transalp

Hi to all!

Actually I have a problem when patching 6 Robe Colorspot 575AT to a LeapFrog: In Mode1 they need 27 DMX-Channels, in M2 19, in M3 29 and in M4 21.

When patching them in M1 or M2 to the desk allways 27 channels are taken by the Frog, in M3 or M4 allways 28 channels.

In my opinion the desk should use as much channels as in the library are fixed. Why doesn't it work that way? I checked the library files many times because I could not believe what I saw.

Can anyone help me? The DMX-Patching of the Colorspots is adjusted to a ScanCo of a colleague and I don't want to change it every time when changing the used desk.

Can you try downloading the latest fixture library (16.00), available here and see whether that fixes the problem. We've recently corrected this problem in the fixture library and this updated library file should fix it.

If you continue to have problems with this fixture, let us know and we'll investigate furthur.

Peter

Peter Kirkup

We discovered a bug with a few fixtures during the latest revamp of the fixture library, and the Robe ColorSpot 575AT was one of them. We always recommend that people use the latest library files where possible, as they contain updates and small modifications to fixtures in order to ensure the desks work at their best.

Peter Kirkup

I agree, I just so prefer to use the latest upgrades. But I am not so often at the forum, so sometimes I get knowledge about the publishing of upgrades a little late. The fixture library I had in use was V.15, didn' know that V.16 was out.

Is it possible to get info about upgrades via e-mail (newsletter)?

Is it possible to get info about upgrades via e-mail (newsletter)?

At present, we don't have an email update of this sort. If you check the forum regularly, fixture library updates will appear here. By keeping an eye on the forum you'll pick up hints and tips on our consoles too - an added bonus :). Our regular dealer updates include notes about any software updates, so your dealer should be able to let you know via their literature. Alternatively, if there is enough support for it, we could put together an email update system.

Peter

Peter Kirkup