Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Programming parameters in memories

_chris_

Just updated my fatfrog from version 10 to 10.4, and have a little question: Is it no longer possible to program memories (chases/scenes) down to different parameters (gobo, goborotation, prism etc)? It works just like it's supposed to when programming palettes and submasters, but not when I'm trying to program memories (can't even tag/untag params). Is this a change/bug, or am I just doing something wrong?

Tagging and Untagging Parameters

Tagging and untagging fixture parameters can now be done at parameter, attribute or fixture level.

Holding the Wheel Group button down will now indicate on various LCD and monitor screens, which parameters are tagged or not. Untagged parameters are indicated as “---“.

The yellow LEDs in the fixture selection buttons will flash if any parameter or movement effect is tagged for that fixture.

Parameter Level

Moving a control wheel will tag the relevant parameter for the currently selected fixtures. If the corresponding attribute is set to ‘All’ in the Program Mode section of Desk Setup, all parameters of that attribute will also be tagged automatically.

Holding down the Wheel Group button and moving a control wheel, will untag the relevant parameter for the currently selected fixtures.

Attribute Level

Holding the Colour, Beamshape or Position button down for >1 second while the Wheel Group button is also held down, will toggle the tag-state of all parameters in the selected attribute for the selected fixtures.

For the selected attribute and the selected fixtures, if any parameters are tagged, then this action will untag them all, and if no parameters are tagged, then this action will tag them all.

Fixture Level

If any parameters are tagged (yellow LED flashing), holding the Fixture Selection button down for >1 second will untag the entire fixture.

If no parameters are tagged (yellow LED steady), holding the Fixture Selection button down for >1 second will tag all the parameters in the fixture.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

• 2 weeks later...

A little update...

The desk is set to partial, and color, beamshape and position is set to channel. I am able to program individual parameters (color, gobo1, tilt etc) when programming palettes and submaster, but not when I'm programming memories. All this worked fine in version 10 of the desk operating system.

When I'm trying to program memories, I'm only able to tag/untag entire fixtures, but nothing else. Is this a bug, or is there additional settings somewhere on the desk?