Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Experience with Elation brand?

gress

I am looking to get about 4 wash lights to add to our current set up of 4 Martin Mac 250 Entours and 2 ETC REV and scrollers.

I was looking at the ROBE Wash lights but found a much better price on the Elation 250 Wash lights.

Does anyone have Elations, good quality and operation?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

The elations are brighter than my 12 mac 250s ! I have 4 elation focus spots that are also brighter than the macs! I believe that elation finely got it right! The problem is that I need attributes for the basic as they take 10 channels and the power washs take 15 channels as they have cmy in addition to the color wheel! Zero 88 has yet to post them for me but I talked to I believe Richard and he is supposed to do that! If you get the elations get the power washs ! They are built well! The focus spot are 1 arm yoke and tend to get bent easily!

Hi rclites

The fixture profiles for the Focus250 and Power Wash 250 are already included with our fixture library release 16, which is available here. I'm not sure who you spoke to - we don't have a Richard at Zero88. Maybe you mean Richard at ACT?

Anyway, I'll put together a fixture profile for the Power Wash 250 Basic for you later on today.

Peter

Peter Kirkup

• 1 month later...

Just installed the 6 Elations, 2 more in the future. So far so good. Very good product and quality, espicially for the price! Had no problems adding them in with the new file here from Zero88.

Looks like I will be buying even more elations in the future.