Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Yet another monitor screen

ice

With the new 10.x software I find it hard to track what changes I've made before pressing program. This results in either untagging the fixtures completely and re-do the tagging so I know for sure it's right, or just programming to find out some things i didn't want tagged were.

Maybe a new output screen (for instance a "page 2" of the fixture output screen, accessible by pressing + in the fixture output screen) could display the current tagged values for each fixture? Maybe you could even combine those screens and alter the fixture output screen so tagged values get marked. I don't know if pressing wheel group outputs --- in the fixture output screen too? In that case that's a nice start but:

- pressing a button takes time

- non-marked attributes (just values instead of ---) are much less clear to read.

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

There are 4 places that the fixture outputs can be seen:

1. Outputs screen on LCD.

2. Outputs screen on monitor.

3. Fixture outputs screen on monitor.

4. Wheel LCD.

In all 4, holding down the WheelGroup button will show the current tag states.

Using +/- in the fixture outputs screen isn't going to work, since the +/- keys are used for normal menu navigation on the LCD while the fixture outputs screen is displayed.

I agree it would be useful to 'lock' these 4 outputs views on displaying tags mode (when programming for example), but there are times you'd probably also want to see the actual outputs (when running the show), not the tag states. I think a SuperUser option would probably not be the right thing here, since you'd want to switch between the two view modes faster than that.

I think the best way would be if you held F1 and pressed WheelGroup. This would lock the 4 outputs views on the displaying tags mode. Press F1 and WheelGroup again to unlock. The LED in the wheelgroup button (currently unused) would be used to indicate the lock status.

Frog Reference 5544 - Ability to lock fixture outputs views displaying tags.

I agree it would be useful to 'lock' these 4 outputs views on displaying tags mode (when programming for example), but there are times you'd probably also want to see the actual outputs (when running the show), not the tag states. I think a SuperUser option would probably not be the right thing here, since you'd want to switch between the two view modes faster than that.

Isn't it possible to combine the normal outputs screen with tagged status? For instance all tagged parameters get a red background colour and white text instead of the default colour and black text. There's no need to discard any information that way, you're just adding some.

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)