Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Locking and Unlocking the Desk

Jeff M.

Locking and Unlocking the Desk

Locking and unlocking the desk requires a 4 digit lock code (eg 1234).

The default lock code for the desk is 0000.

The lock code can be changed in Super User.

The submaster flash buttons or external keyboard can be used to enter the 4 digit lock code.

Each desk also has its own unique code based on the serial number which will unlock the desk. Contact your dealer or Zero 88 for details.

For further information - see Frog Series Operating Manual - Page 7-3.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

• 8 months later...

Hi

I have a slight problem (concerned with the lighting desk :) ).

We recently hired out our school hall (and lighting with a Bullfrog).

However, the person using the desk locked it, and now cannot remember the code!

I have heard that there is a special unlock code for each desk, based on the serial number. So what should I do, who should I contact?

It is rather urgent, as we have a concert coming up soon that will certainly require programming!

Thanks

sp

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi simple question (i hope) but where do you get the lock code for a new desk?

we've have the desk about four years now never needed to lock it before, i've looked though all the paperwork that came with it but no mention of code i assuse all new desks have a default code i've tryed most obvious things such as 1111 or 1234 no luck.

please help.

• 1 month later...

Each desk has a master unlock code based on the desk's serial number, which we can give you if you call the office. Be prepared though to have your authority and identity challenged, since we have to be sure we're speaking to someone who has good reason to need the unlock code, not just one of those "prying kids"...

what do you mean by authority and identity challenged? The desk was bought in 2001, and the lighting chap i leaving school this year, taking all knowledge of the current code with him! Im taking over from him, and I need the code to stop said prying kids! Does it just mean asking what school I'm at, my name, what?

• 1 year later...

I am the light tech for our school in NZ. We have a Fat Frog which has served us well recently, however the lock code was changed at some point during it's life...

The guy who changed it has forgotten and now left the school.

Is there a way to reset it?

Thanks

SMence