Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Striking and Turning off the bulbs on MAC 250+

Jeff M.

Hello!

If you look in the Mac 250+ DMX chart you'll se that when the shutter is between 228 and 237 the lamp will turn on. And to shut it down you simply turn the shutter wheel to max (248-255) for more than 5 seconds.

But first of all you have to make sure that the Mac setting "dlof" is on. Otherwise the mac wont listen for lamp on/off commands.

Hopefully this will help you.

Pontus Friberg

• 2 weeks later...
Hello!

If you look in the Mac 250+ DMX chart you'll se that when the shutter is between 228 and 237 the lamp will turn on. And to shut it down you simply turn the shutter wheel to max (248-255) for more than 5 seconds.

But first of all you have to make sure that the Mac setting "dlof" is on. Otherwise the mac wont listen for lamp on/off commands.

Hopefully this will help you.

Pontus Friberg

If DLOF is set to on, it is still possible to strike the lamp up/down - just a little less easy to do it accidentally!

To allow lamp on/off, you need to set the colour filter to CTC (12 on the colour DMX channel (3)) AND set the prism to on with no rotation (80-89 on the prism DMX channel (7)) AND set the open gobo (0-9 on the gobo selection/shake DMX channel (4)). Then, the MAC 250 (or 250+) will allow the lamp on/off commands to work from the shutter positions described by Pontus.

• 13 years later...

Hi Martin Mac 250 Entour users,

I went through the same issue with My Mac 250 Entours (my first movers) so I stored all the settings in one of my FLX user definable keys to trigger a lamp off command to work when DLOF is set to "on" which saves a bit of work.

While we are on the subject of the Mac 250 Entour my understanding is that when the intensity is 0 and the other shutters are open the lamps go in to low power mode to keep the heat down so is it common practice to at the end of a series of Entour cues that the last cue should creates that set of circumstances or is it safe to keep the intensity at 0 and the internal fan will keep the lamp cool?

Hello,

The fans will always keep the lamp cool enough when it's on- and if in extreme cases it does start to overheat, its software will warn you and I believe automatically turn the lamp power down/ turn the lamp off. The method you describe of closing the shutters with 0% intensity is just a way of saving power when not in use.

A quick way on FLX to send lamp on/ off commands is to press MACRO -> Automatically Create Macros, and this will create Lamp On and Off commands (depending on the fixture file). When you select your fixtures you can then press these macros to turn the lamps on and off. The nice thing about these macros is it staggers striking the lamps to ensure there isn't a huge strike current as they turn on at the same time.

Hope this helps

Edward