Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Illusion 500 evaluation...

Paul T

Hi,

I'm in the process of evaluating a replacement for the Arri Image in our theatre.

So far I have a couple of questions on the Illusion 500:

- On the Arri, there are 2 playbacks (as opposed to the Illusion having 1).

In some shows I would have one playback running an extremely long transition (say a 40 minute sunset on the cyc, viewed through patio doors and windows), while the other playback would be running several lighting changes (interior lights being turned on/off, etc.). How would you suggest this scenario be approached on the Illusion 500 ??

- With regard to moving light support. What approach would you suggest to pre-position a movers position, color, etc. prior to bringing up its intensity ?? Is there some function option like "move while dark", or would I manually program the movers position, etc into the previous cue (memory) ??

Regards,

Paul.

Probably best to use a combination of the playback stack and submasters.

There isn't a move on dark function as such on the Illusion 500 - sorry :(

I guess you could program the fixtures with the colour, position etc that you want, take the intensity to zero and then make this an automatic cue that would run after the cue in which they go dark. Then just program the next cue with the intensity back on.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace