Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

some remarks

Pipo

When I home and program a dimmer-channel into a submaster then position is also recorded.

Would it be possible to use F4 to acces the fan-functions? Pressing the attribute button takes too long.

I love the update but it makes the desk more complex and would love it even more if it wouldn't auto-record htp-values:

example: during a change-over the sound-techs need light to work on stage but if you want to add some cues during this change-over this light will also be recorded into the cues.

Den Pipo

Pro Light Design

mmm. i would agree with the htp not autorecording. That would make programming a lot easier. As a sort of work around: the way i do it now is program the lighting i'm outputting on stage under a submaster. then taking everything down exept for that submaster i just programmed. then when i want to program something else. is quickly pull down this ""

stagelight" submaster, press program, then bring it up again. this way the stage technicians and everyone else get only a one second blackout.

if one million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.

When I home and program a dimmer-channel into a submaster then position is also recorded.

When you 'home' a fixture - all of it's parameters are set to their home values and are therefore tagged and hence recorded when you record the data to a memory or submaster.

Would it be possible to use F4 to acces the fan-functions? Pressing the attribute button takes too long.

Each attribute (brightness, colour, beamshape and position) has it's own wheel editing mode, therefore it is logical to use the attribute button to set the wheel mode for that attribute. F4 I believe is already used on the fat frog as a group button.

I love the update but it makes the desk more complex and would love it even more if it wouldn't auto-record htp-values:

example: during a change-over the sound-techs need light to work on stage but if you want to add some cues during this change-over this light will also be recorded into the cues.

When tracking is fully implemented in the software (Frog Reference 5539), then all fixture parameters, including brightness will have the ability to be 'tagged'. If the parameter is NOT tagged then it won't be recorded into the memory or submaster.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

When you 'home' a fixture - all of it's parameters are set to their home values and are therefore tagged and hence recorded when you record the data to a memory or submaster.

Hi K-Nine

The fixture i'm talking about is just a generic conventional dimmer.

Den Pipo

Pro Light Design

Hi K-Nine

The fixture i'm talking about is just a generic conventional dimmer.

So what 'position' are you referring to ... another fixture :?:

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

No, the fact is when I have a generic dimmer and I put it to 100% and then record it to a submaster it's all ok BUT if I press home then it will also be @ 100% and then when I record it to a submaster you can see on your submaster-screen that a position parameter is recorded. God knows where it comes from.

Den Pipo

Pro Light Design