Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Combined live looks with submaster playback on Fat Frog

JAdamson

I am researching the feasibility of using a Fat Frog in a primary/middle school scenario. I am using a majority of conventional instruments, but also have some basic intels for color changes.

Given that these students may not be entirely consistent about remembering their blocking, I may need to add "live" looks 'on the fly'. If I were in the submaster playback mode, would I be able to just go to the 'Scene A faders' and bring up the needed light--or are there keypresses I would need to do? Note that I am not trying to rewrite the cue. This is for a "1 time" temporary look only.

Thanks for your responses-- John A

John Adamson

The Frog doesn't have a "submaster playback mode" as such. There is one operating mode, in which any combination of the channel preset faders, submaster faders and playback x (memory stack) can be used together. So yes, you can at any time during the performance just add light using the channel preset faders.

The Frog doesn't have a "submaster playback mode" as such. There is one operating mode, in which any combination of the channel preset faders, submaster faders and playback x (memory stack) can be used together. So yes, you can at any time during the performance just add light using the channel preset faders.

Not being rude but I think he said FatFrog, but you might mean that.

There is the FROG function - the FatFrog works with Scrollers/Colour changers, its easy to use - and remember (and some of the lx guys at my school are pretty thick)(<<not me). There is also a PlaybackX- you can add in any channels you like while you are "playing Back". There is a chase mode and a kindof standard mode(cant remember what its called) for programming but as with the frog only one playback mode. However you can play cues using presets A and B aswell. Wait for the info to come flooding in- oh and welcome to the forums, I hope you find them helpful and informative!

GOGS