Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Starting Out

dogcop

I am soon to be the proud owner of a fat frog and thought that I would download the phantom frog to have a play and hopefully learn at the same time.

I am running the PF on windows ME.

2 issues.

1/ I am trying to assign fixtures. I get as far as the desk setup and assign fixtures menu then it just says that there is space on fixture 1 but does not give me a list of fixtures to select from ( I am searchin for the pearl river 250 spot). I have given up on this one at the moment. Do I have to load a fixture list into the programme or does that come as part of the software bundle.

2/ On my monitor screen. I try to highlight a particular instruction or menu by using my arrows on the k/board - no joy. Is that supposed to be the way with the prog or am I doing something completrly stupid

hope you can help

Andy

Assigning Fixtures - the Phantom Frog works in the same way as the real desk, ie there are just the 20 common fixture types stored on the 'desk' (these are listed in the manual on page 6-4).

If the fixture type you wish to assign is NOT one of the common types then you will need to assign the fixture type from floppy disk. First download the latest fixture library onto your PC and then copy it onto a floppy disk. Instructions for assigning fixture types from floppy disk are given on page 6-5 of the manual.

Menu Navigation - Remember that the arrow keys on the external keyboard simply mimic the up and down arrow keys and + and - keys on the front panel of the desk. Remember also that navigation through menu structures using this keys is relative to the main LCD on the desk.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

the Phantom Frog works in the same way as the real desk, ie there are just the 20 common fixture types stored on the 'desk' (these are listed in the manual on page 6-4).

When I get to that bit there is nothing in the fixture library on the phantom frog

Remember that the arrow keys on the external keyboard simply mimic the up and down arrow keys and + and - keys on the front panel of the desk. Remember also that navigation through menu structures using this keys is relative to the main LCD on the desk.

When I press the arrow keys on my key board nothing happens on the monitor screen :?:

still confused

Assuming that you have successfully navigated to Super User - Desk Setup - Assign Fixtures:

Click on the fixture select button for the required fixture (eg Fixture 9)

Press the down arrow key to move the cursor on the main LCD to the fixture list field (lines 2 and 3 of the LCD)

Click on the + key to cycle through the common fixture types on the desk.

or

Click on the - key to display "Select Fixture from Floppy Disk"

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace