Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

JOYSTICK

Guest KBJONES

Guest KBJONES

I WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS SOME TYPE OF "JOYSTICK" I COULD USE SO I WOULD BE ABLE TO CONTROL MY LIGHTS WITH A MORE ACCORATE RESPONSE. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO FOLLOW A PERSON OR OBJECT TO THE "T".

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

:?:

With the automatic version from Martin costing an arm and a leg the manual joystick would be fantastic! We use the Fat Frog in the City Temple Cardiff (Pentecostal Church) and our Pastor never keeps still so to keep from bleaching out all the other lighting effects and colour washes with white lighting floodingwhere he walks a profile (Mac 550, 500, 250 etc) controled by a joystick would be a God Send (no pun intended).

What would the cost be to set one up???

Out of all the things I've lost it's my mind I miss the most!

sounds good, but I think that a mouse is somethimes difficult. I use the mambo in renals and we just don't have the space to use a mouse.

a trackball is a good alternatif.

I think it may be better than a joy stick.

you just have to see what you like most :D

maybe with usb so they are both compatible.

but I don't think there is one in the desk :oops:

Maybe instead of a joystick a mouse or a trackball is also easy to use.

If the joystick interface could be simply integrated into the exisiting hardware and software platforms without too much efffort, then this is something we might consider if there is enough support for this feature.

What would people be prepared to pay for this extra feature I wonder, after all you'd be getting a real piece of hardware to go with the 'free' software :evil:

The problem with having a mouse would be that everyone would then expect to be able to use it on all the various screens, dialog boxes and popup menus as well ... which would be a HUGE change to the software. Besides we've been there, done that got the T-shirt - it's called the Illusion 500 :D

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace